Keto Friendly Jamba Juice
I’ve been eating keto for over a year now, and in that time I’ve learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t when it comes to making low-carb foods. For example, I know that the jamba juice menu is full of delicious smoothies and juices but they don’t always fit into my diet. In this article we’ll cover how you can tweak your favorite Jamba Juice drinks so that they are keto-friendly!
Keto friendly jamba juice recipes
If you’re a fan of Jamba Juice, you may be wondering if it’s possible to have their products and still stay on the keto diet. The answer is yes. While there are some healthy ingredients in their smoothies and juices, they also have added sugar and gluten which make them not keto friendly. In order to make sure that your order stays keto friendly, you must do some research and make adjustments to the recipe when ordering your drink. Here are some examples of how to do this:
- Add extra greens/fruits
- Substitute with almond milk instead of dairy milk (this will lower the calorie count)
- Use less fruit juice so that there isn’t as much sugar content per bottle
Choose the right base.
Just like the Jamba Juice smoothies, the new keto-friendly varieties are made from similar ingredients and in a similar fashion. So what makes them different? First off, they’re low in sugar—just 3 grams per serving! Some of the more popular choices include:
- Pomegranate Paradise
- Not-So-Crazy Mango
- Delight Strawberry Lemonade
Add stevia to taste
If you are new to keto, it’s best to start off with a small amount of stevia and work your way up.
- 1 teaspoon of liquid stevia (dissolved into the juice)
- 2-3 packets of powdered stevia (use less if you have a sweet tooth)
You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract for extra flavor!
Pick a low-carb natural sweetener.
When it comes to keto-friendly jamba juice, there are many sweeteners you can use. The best option is to choose a low-carb natural sweetener that has zero sugar and doesn’t affect blood sugar levels.
Here are some of the best keto friendly natural sweeteners:
- Monk fruit
Use a carb-free thickener
If you crave a thick smoothie, consider using a small amount of thickener. You can use flaxseed, chia seeds, or psyllium husk for this purpose. Be careful not to add too much though—you don’t want to add too many carbs!
Avoid or limit fruit juice.
Fruit juice, like apple, orange and cranberry juice is high in sugar. This can be detrimental to your keto diet as it will raise your blood sugar levels. Fruit juices are also high in calories and carbohydrates. If you do have a weakness for fruit juice then dilute it 50% with water as this will help keep the carbs down and still give you some flavour.
It’s important to avoid or limit fruit juice if you want to lose weight on a low-carb diet like the keto diet because they’re very high in natural sugars (fructose), which slows down your weight loss efforts by increasing insulin levels in the body—and along with it, blood sugar levels and fat storage around organs such as the liver…
Keep an eye on protein powders.
Protein powders are another common keto diet staple. However, a lot of them can be loaded with carbohydrates or sugars. If you’re trying to keep your carbs low or avoid sugar altogether, it’s best to check the label before purchasing a protein powder.
You’ll also want to watch out for high calorie counts and large serving sizes in some cases—especially if you’re just starting out on the keto diet and still trying to figure out how much food is enough for you.
You can still enjoy your jamba juice smoothies with just a few tweaks
You can still enjoy your jamba juice smoothies with just a few tweaks.
- Use a low carb sweetener like erythritol and stevia. There’s no need to add more carbs to your drinks when you can just use something that is naturally low in sugar.
- Use a carb-free thickening agent like gelatin or xanthan gum (if you don’t eat pork). Your drink will be thicker and creamier without adding any more carbs!
- Avoid or limit fruit juice to avoid extra sugar and calories, especially if you are using frozen berries in place of ice cubes because they add more nutrients than water would provide but they also contain natural sugars which can contribute significantly towards your daily intake of carbohydrates on keto diets so keep an eye on how much fruit juice you have during each visit as well as how much protein powder has been added if any at all before making this decision about whether or not this drink is compatible with your current dietary needs
Keto-friendly Jamba Juice Drinks
Jamba Juice has many fruit smoothies that are keto-friendly, but here are the best ones:
- Pink Starburst Smoothie
- Sour Patch Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Orange Mango Smoothie
Ketogenic diets allow you to drink jamba juice!
The ketogenic diet is all about eating low-carb, high-fat foods. While it can be difficult to find many of these ingredients at a smoothie or juice shop, we’ve found that Jamba Juice does have many keto-friendly options that you can order in the store or make yourself.
You might be thinking: “I can’t drink smoothies on a keto diet!” Well rest assured, there are plenty of options for you to enjoy a delicious and healthy treat while still sticking to your diet. We wrote this article so you know exactly what to order when you’re craving something sweet and refreshing!
Is Jamba Juice Healthy?
Jamba Juice is a great way to get your daily fruit and vegetable intake.
- Jamba Juice is one of the best sources of vitamins and minerals. While some may question the validity of their health claims, there’s no denying that these drinks are packed with nutrients. A single 16 oz. smoothie at Jamba Juice contains more than 100% of your recommended daily vitamin C needs, as well as several important B vitamins (including niacin, thiamine and riboflavin) and other essential nutrients like potassium and magnesium.
- The fiber content in these drinks can help lower cholesterol levels while maintaining normal blood sugar levels after eating which means you won’t experience chronic hunger pains throughout the day.*
If you are looking for a healthy drink that can help you reach ketosis, jamba juice is the perfect choice. With so many delicious flavors to choose from, there’s no excuse not to try one today!